Newborn Session prep guide
Everyone loves those sleepy baby images right?
Well here is my guide to best prepare you and babe. So that your session goes as smooth as possible. There are also some tips on what to expect during your session
1. The morning of your session it is important to keep baby awake as much as possible. That way once we get them in the studio they will be ready for a nice long nap!
2. Dress baby in something that unzips or unbuttons without pulling it over their head. Once we get baby nice and sleepy we don't want to startle them when we undress them.
3. Feed baby about 30 minutes before your session. Then we can feed baby throughout the session as they get hungry.
4. All props and outfits will be provided. So don't worry about bringing anything extra! Just the normal diaper bags essentials!
5. Relax. Newborn sessions can last anywhere from 1-3 hours. For my model call sessions we will only being doing 1-2 setups. So expect up to 2 hours. It all depends on baby. Take this time to catch up on emails, texts, whatever! As I work with baby to create images you'll cherish. Or feel free to sit back and watch your precious bundle!
6. Don't worry if baby gets fussy! I have worked with many babies and they are all different. My goal is always to have baby safe and comfortable. If baby get's fussy we will switch gears and work through. So no worries!
7. If baby takes a passy. Please bring it! You will be shocked at how easy it will make things!
I hope these tips and expectations are helpful! I can't wait to snuggle your little bundle of joy <3